5.28.2007

believe

So my mom loves dogwood trees. When I was a kid, we had two dogwood trees in our yard - one in front and one in back. The one in front was not doing so well. I remember pulling into our driveway and hearing my mom lament the ailing tree. One day, I decided I would help make the tree better. I carefully took some blossoms off the tree in our backyard, and taped them on the tree in our front yard. The next time we pulled into the driveway, my mom was so excited to see her tree "coming back to life". Sadly, I don't think the tree made it, but it's become a great story in our family lore.






Supplies:

  • Natural Beauty stamp set (retiring June 30!)
  • chocolate chip classic ink
  • chocolate chip cardstock
  • pretty in pink cardstock
  • regal rose classic ink
  • hand-stitched background stamp (retired)
  • watercolor pencils
  • blender pen

Here's a link to the list of stamp sets retiring this year. I have to say, I'm sad to see this one go. I'm sure there's something even better to take its place.

I just wanted to use the word BELIEVE from a stamp that has lots of words on it, so I just colored the word "believe" with marker and then stamped it.

Background stamps are so easy to use, and they make a polished effect quickly!

3 comments:

Claire Lawrence said...

What a neat story! And I second that on the background stamps!

Claire

Jon Wear said...

Pretty cool. If I keep reading this I'm going to end up stampin' out some cards ;)

Anonymous said...

To continue the story...several years later Alison bought me another dogwood tree which I loved so much I dug it up (this is no small tree) and transported it from Michigan to North Carolina where it now lives happily in our front yard.
Mom