6.01.2007

nest - one card, two different backgrounds

My sister asked me to make some housewarming cards, and I was stumped. I had a really hard time coming up with ideas, since I didn't have a "house" stamp. Then I noticed this old retired stamp that I won as a door prize ages ago. I decided to do a robin's egg blue (Cool Caribbean) background, and make it spotted like robin's eggs. I tried it with two different background stamps to see which I liked best. Which is your favorite?


Supplies:
  • Itty Bitty backgrounds stamp set - my new favorite set!
  • cool caribbean cardstock - retiring June 30!
  • chocolate chip classic inkpad
  • nest stamp (retired)
  • small letter stamps
  • watercolor pencils
  • blender pen
  • brown grosgrain ribbon

3 comments:

Claire Lawrence said...

I'd have to say the second one, with the smaller dots. What an attractive card! Way to pull out an old classic and get some use out of it!

Melissa said...

Very nice, Alison! I like the second one better too, but i don't know why.

Melanie B said...

I like the second one too because it reminds me of the speckling on robin eggs :)