6.01.2007

Thanks

This is one of the Make and Take's I did for my first workshop (at Amy's). It has an artistic, forgiving style so you don't have to be perfectly precise.

The color scheme just shouts, "Spring!" to me.




Supplies:


  • Heartfelt Thanks stamp set
  • barely banana cardstock
  • ruby red cardstock
  • whisper white cardstock
  • ruby red classic stamp pad
  • mellow moss classic stamp pad
  • so saffron classic stamp pad
  • mellow moss 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
  • Crystal Effects

This card uses a technique called Two-Step Stampin'. You have to use a set that has an outline stamp and a base stamp, like Heartfelt Thanks. Stamp the base image in a lighter color (or you can stamp on scrap paper once to get a lighter color). Then stamp the outline image in a darker color. In this card, I used Ruby Red for both the base stamp and the outline stamp. This is an easier effect for frugal stampers like me!

Crystal Effects is fun to work with. It's kind of like puffy paint in that it adds a shiny texture to everything. I used Crystal Effects on the center of each of these flowers.

4 comments:

Claire Lawrence said...

wow, that came out great! what a demonstrate-able card!

Kristin said...

Very cute card! I agree with Claire, very demonstrable! I love all of your cards!!! I'm totally "CASE"ing them!!!

Karen said...

Great card! Love the colors

Anonymous said...

I love the light, airy feeling and simplicity of this design. It reminds us that life doesn't have to be complicated.
Mom