2.18.2008

Cards of Love




I had a wonderful Valentine's Day. How about you? My dear husband and I gave each other homemade cards. He made me a card that had pictures from each year of our five years together. Very sweet! Here's the card I gave him. I have to say, it's one of my favorite cards I've ever made. I made it a couple years ago, and I couldn't bear to give it away.

It uses a retired stamp set called Sweet of You, and a background called Handstitched. This was my first attempt at stitching on a card, and I have to say it's not too shabby. It's hard to tell, but I used Crystal Effects on the cake dome to make it look like glass. I love this color combination, too - close to cocoa, Chocolate Chip, and Regal Rose. Just sounds like Valentine's Day, doesn't it?



I have also been playing with my new A Little Birdie Told Me stamp set. Here's a wedding card I made for a swap with the PhillyInkers. I used a fun fold to showcase the 2-part sentiment. I have also used this set to make birthday cards. There's an itty birthday party hat with this set too. I gave those all away before I scanned a sample. Guess I'll just have to make some more!

This card uses:
A Little Birdie Told Me Stamp Set
Brocade Blue, Basic Black, and Confetti cardstock (recycled!)
Black Staz-On Ink
Brocade Blue and Sahara Sand classic ink pads
AquaPainter for watercoloring

1 comment:

Melissa said...

GREAT cards, Alison! Love them both!