10.18.2007

Leafy goodness

When Jon and I were doing our wedding registry and picking out gifts we'd like to receive, we quickly noticed a pattern - Jon loved anything that was blue or chrome or both; I loved many things green or vine-patterned or both. Well I'm not suprised that Jon loved the blue sparkly snowflake card from Christmas in August stamp camp, while I'm very drawn to all the leafy images and earth tones of autumn. Here are two earthy leafy cards I've made this week. Above, I used the Sidekick Sayings set on Chocolate Chip cardstock with Wild Wasabi accents - I love that green! Sidekick Sayings is a hostess set I received with a recent order. It's lots of fun, so I'm sure I'll be posting more samples soon.

Note: This card is a new trendy size 3"x6". This size is perfect for 12"x12" cardstock. You can make 4 cards out of 1 sheet!
Above is another leafy card using the Stem Silhouettes stamp set from the Holiday Mini catalog. This set was part of the Fall Frenzy promotion. I stamped the leafy images using Versamark ink on glossy cardstock. Then I brayered over the images with So Saffron ink. I love the Sun Print look it creates. I layered it on Really Rust cardstock, tied some hemp twine around it, and put it on a Bravo Burgundy cardfront. Super-simple!

No comments: