11.04.2007

Stampin' For a Cause

I've always been a do-gooder, so it's no surprise that I've been doing some charitable things with my new stamping business. In September, I hosted two Shoebox Swaps for Soldiers. We made cards for Angel Stampers for Soldiers. Now our cards are posted in their online gallery. Click here for the gallery. Type shilohstamps into the search box, and you'll see our cards.

Last week, I did a card-making class for Operation Shoebox. We made over 30 cards to send in care packages to soldiers overseas.

Tomorrow night, we'll be making Christmas cards for Brotherly Love Urban Youth Services (BLUYS). They're a youth ministry in my neighborhood. Super-stamper Amy is on their board, and she's designed a lovely card that uses the Season of Joy stamp set from the Holiday Mini collection. E-mail me at events@shilohstamps.com if you would like to participate in the Stampin' for a Cause night.

I have also used my stamping to benefit last weekend's Lupus Loop. Every person on our team (Nathan's Knights) who raised $100+ will receive some free Shiloh Stamps greeting cards. We've been walking and running the Lupus Loop for 4 years now in memory of our friend Nathan and in honor of our friend Karen. If you would like to contribute, please click my donor page.

Do you have an idea for our next Stampin' For a Cause? I'm looking for our next project to be in February sometime. I'm thinking about Keiki Cards. They send cards to terminally ill kids. What do you think?

1 comment:

Claire Lawrence said...

this was fun! I hope we can find a monday in Jan. on which we can do something else for charity!

Claire