1.19.2008

Cutting Up with the Coluzzle

Do you have any crafting supplies that you're not quite sure how to use? or you don't bother to take the time to use them? I don't own a coluzze, but I have to confess that I've never really learned how to use it properly. Here's a link to the recent Craft Critique review of the Coluzzle cutting system.

http://www.craftcritique.com/2008/01/cutting-up-with-coluzzle.html

I have to say I see its usefulness, but I just haven't taken the time to figure it out. I could have used the coluzzle when I was cutting circles for these cards I made for Angel Stampers for Soldiers. (ok, I can't find the picture right now, but I'll post it when I find it) I cut the circles the way my mom taught me - trace something round, and then cut it out. It's ok, but not perfect. Now see the Coluzzle is supposed to make cutting cirlces (and ovals!) much easier, since it's a stencil of graduated circles and ovals. You put your paper under the stencil and you use the special swiveling blade to cut around the stencil. It takes some practice, but I think I could get used to it. For a picture of the coluzzle, click here. If you'd like to order a coluzzle, send me an e-mail at alison@shilohstamps.com.

Have you used the coluzzle? What do you think of it?

1 comment:

Ilina Crouse said...

I just found a video how to use the Coluzzle http://www.creativexpress.com/nth/index.php?actn=view&id=18&title=Episode%2018 , I think it's episode 18