8.02.2007

Birthday Fun



So today is my 30th birthday. I know, I know, it's hard to believe.




Well, just the other day I had a bunch of stampers over to make birthday calendars. See, one of my goals is to be better about sending birthday cards and gifts on time. So I made this birthday calendar to help me remember. I'm going to hang it on the wall in my craft room so that I will have cards on the ready when needed. My mom and my grandma are both really great about sending birthday cards. They send out all their birthday cards for the month on the 1st day of the month. So if your b-day is the 20th, you're getting a card early. If it's on the 1st, it may be a bit late. What a novel idea, though. I have lots of friends with August birthdays, so this month is a good time to start the new habit.



These are some samples of birthday cards we made together (and matching envelopes).







There's also some samples of pages from the birthday calendar we made together. If you'd like a birthday calendar of your own, let me know. I would be glad to show you how I decorated mine, or I could decorate one for you (for a small fee, of course). Sorry for the white boxes in the photos. I didn't think to take photos before I started writing everyone's birthdays on my calendar!

June - with watercolor mortarboards. The AquaPainter works well in the calendar since it has thicker paper. Otherwise, the moisture makes thinner paper curl. Watercolor paper is on my wishlist!



July - Jon was excited to see me doing a patriotic theme. I think these stars almost look like denim - very Americana.













May - I love these flowers in Year After Year. They're so versatile, and they're easy to color in with markers.









October - These pumpkins are watercolored in Really Rust with the AquaPainter. These colors are so vivid!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Birthday Lady!
Have a great day and enjoy your monumental birthday.

30 is the new 20!!!!

Andy

Claire Lawrence said...

Hi Alison! Very nice calendar!!! It looks very high quality. I'm quite impressed.

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th fellow stamper! Love how the birthday calendar turned out. The watercolor look really adds to it.
-Erica

Alison Shiloh Wear said...

thanks for all the bday comments, everyone! It was a wonderful b-day, and the celebration will continue next weekend!