8.16.2007

My first scrapbook page and Love Note

This picture is from my 30th birthday trip to Las Vegas with my family. Read more about our trip here. One of my goals in becoming a Stampin' Up demonstrator was to learn more about scrapbooking. A friend of mine scheduled a workshop recently. When I asked what sorts of projects she would like me to demonstrate, she said, "scrapbooking". I took this as my opportunity to try some scrapbooking, and I designed this 6"x6" scrapbook page for us to make together. It uses the Certainly Celery Designer Series paper. This comes in a package of 12 sheets of 12"x12" paper, so you can make 48 6"x6" pages with it. I love the idea of using vellum for the titles of scrapbook pages. You could print all your titles on one sheet of vellum paper, and then cut them up for your pages. Since vellum is sheer, you don't have to worry about coordinating the colors. I think Year After Year will prove to be a great stamp set for scrapbooking. It hits all the holidays and milestones, since it has a wedding cake, graduation hat, Christmas tree, baby toy (a cute elephant), and some other goodies.



This is a Love Note that we'll be making at my friend's house on Monday. It's a mini-card at 3"x3", the perfect size for enclosing with a gift or tucking in a lunchbox. This uses the Three For You punchbox, which includes 9 stamps, 3 stampin' spots, and a punch that makes 3 little flowers.
This month, Stampin' Up is offering a special promotion with this box. When you order the Three For You punchbox, you receive 30 Love Notes (10 each of Purely Pomegranate, and So Saffron) and matching envelopes. We'll also be using the Love Notes for the Christmas in August Stamp Camp this weekend. For some more ideas of how you can use the Punch box, check out the gallery at SplitcoastStampers.com.

1 comment:

Claire Lawrence said...

They are both just darling. what an excellent first scrapbook page! I look forward to hearing how it goes! talk to you soon...(I could not call back tonight- I sorry) I'll try you on Friday...