8.07.2007

My first "big" swap


One of the joys of being a Stampin' Up demonstrator is participating in card swaps. A bunch of people (in this case 10) make 10 of the same card, mail them to the "host" and then someone mails everyone 1 of each card. Swapping is a great way to get samples of stamp sets you may not have or to have samples of a different style than yours.

This particular swap calls for a stamp set that's new in the Fall-Winter Collection 2007 that was not in the Preview catalog. I chose to use my favorite new set, In the Spotlight. It's a hostess set. This is the same layout as a card we made at my Open House in June, but it uses a different color background. The other one used Vintage Violet, which is now retired.

Sometimes when you make a swap, you include a "recipe" on the back of the card listing all the ingredients needed to make that card.

This swap was hosted by a member of the INKredible Impressions group of demonstrators. We all share common uplines, so we're 'related' in the Stampin' Up family through Super-Demonstrator Tina. I'm also a part of the PhillyInkers, Claire's downline. Being connected to these groups of creative ladies is half the fun of being a demonstrator!

1 comment:

Claire Lawrence said...

awww...so nice to read your thoughts on the other groups!

wait til you see all the freebies I got tonight at Kick Butt training graduation at Tina's. hodge podge hardware, and lots of other things! all for the points I got for doing the training. wish it were closer for you others to have the option to take it. she's doing another one this fall beginning Sept. 15 I think. this is turning out to be more than just a comment...so I'll sign off...:0)