9.22.2007

Shoebox Swap Progress



So far, we've made 30 cards for the Shoebox Swap. My mom sent 10 last week, and then Amy and I made 20 more cards tonight. On Monday, we'll be making at least 40 more cards to send to Angel Stampers for Soldiers. They'll be sending out hand-stamped cards to soldiers stationed around the world.


Here's the oh-so-creative card my mom made for the soldiers. The ghost is made from a milk jug, and she sewed him onto the card. Brilliant! I love the googly eyes, too. On the back of the card, she stamped "Oct 31 2007" with the library due date stamp. You know, the one that they stamp on the card to let you know when it's due. So clever. She also wrote a really sweet sentiment on the inside of the card. My mom has been a card-making machine lately. She came to Stampin' Down the Shore with me, and she's been making stunning cards ever since. She's really good at sewing on the cards, which I think is the coolest thing ever.

Here's the card Amy designed for the soldiers. It uses a fun stamp set and SU's Cool Caribbean cardstock, which is now retired. I like how she uses the tiny dotted stamp as the background and brads in the center of all the flowers.

Here's another version of the card I designed for the Shoebox Swap for Soldiers. I love how this medallion image from the Apple Cider Designer Series paper matches the Really Rust cardstock perfectly. The shiny copper brad in the middle is a nice finishing touch.



2 comments:

Char said...

I just LOVE your cards. You are soooo creative! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanx for making those cute pumpkin envelopes to go with the cards. I love coordinating envelopes that match the card theme.
Mom