12.03.2007

Tree Trimming fun

On Friday afternoon, my new recruit Tiffany King led her first Stampin' party, a Tree Trimming for the staff at Eastern University's Campolo School for Social Change. (Tiffany's an alum of Eastern's MA in Community Development program; I went to Palmer Seminary, part of Eastern U.) Here's Tiffany and I with some of the ornaments we created. Each of the 15 party attendees received a bag of supplies that they used to make ornaments, cards, and gift tags. We especially enjoyed using the On Board Trimmings from the Holiday Mini, Designer Series paper, and embossing with the heat tool.



















Friday evening, I hosted another Trim-a-Tree class at my home. Participants received a craft keeper full of supplies to make 20 ornaments. They also used the On Board Trimmings set, Designer Series paper, dazzling diamonds glitter, and some grosgrain ribbon.


I will also be selling some of these ornaments at the Circle of Hope Art Shop this weekend. Stop by and do some holiday shopping!


Jon and I are finally going to get our tree this weekend, and I look forward to decorating a full-size, live tree together. For our first 3 Christmases together, we lived in a little 1BR apartment and our small fake tree took over our "dining room". It will be fun to have the smell of pine in our Living Room!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison, this is great. I'm glad I happened to check your page today. The class was pretty successful, don't you think? Thanks for all your help!

Claire Lawrence said...

These projects are soo cute! They came out great! Thanks for posting these pictures!

Claire